Tagged Under:

To become an actor, you need to take care of your entire being

Share

Monali Thakur took part in the reality TV shown Indian Idol in 2005. She came to Mumbai from Kolkata hoping to become a playback singer.

Her career has suddenly taken a different path after she was chosen to play the lead role in Nagesh Kukunoor’s Lakshmi, a film about trafficking in women.

She plays a 14-year-old victim of child prostitution.

Monali Thakur speaks to Patcy N about her journey, about becoming an actor and working with Nagesh Kukunoor, and her next film Mango.

How did you feel when Nagesh Kukunoor offered you this film?

When he asked me to audition for the film, without even knowing what the story was about, I was in seventh heaven.

I couldn’t believe that a director of his calibre had asked me to even audition. After my audition, I saw he was smiling. In my mind I knew he liked it.

He told me the story of Lakshmi and that I would be doing it. I just couldn’t believe my ears.

People are saying this is not a glamorous role and why did I take it. But I say, I can’t even imagine saying no to this kind of film. This is one of the best characters that an actor can ask for. It is that good a role.

Yes, it is a difficult role. So, while I’m flying in the air that I got the role, at the same time I was also scared and stressed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Download the latest Bollywood Celebrity wallpapers, Hollywood Celebrities, Tamil hot Actresses,Actors wallpapers, Telugu sexy Actresses, Actors,Bollywood Actress Wallpapers,Bollywood Wallpapers,Hot Bollywood Wallpapers,Sexy wallpaper, sexy indian actress wallpaper,Hot Wallpapers Pictures, Photos, Free Wallpapers Download ,Photo Album, Bollywood Hot Wallpapers,bollywood actress, Hollywood actress,actors, bikini models, singers and bollywood Movies.